At first I really didn't think the conversation was that special, but after rereading it the purity warmed my heart. A simple answer to a question...no time to really think about it, just a pure answer...unperfected, unaltered, uncensored. I will relay it verbatim, although the perfectionist in me is itching to add to it and reword. But I refuse to jeopardize the integrity and essence of a "simple question and answer." So here it is.....
I was at work today sitting in my cubicle working while watching the season finale of Grey's Anatomy on my computer and having multiple text conversations, when a close friend of mine sent me a RANDOM text. A simple question, out of the blue: "So if love is so great why does it make you cry?" I was taken aback and immediately my response was...explain your question...where is this coming from? I was taken off guard by something so simple, but so deep and I wanted to actually understand the question and make sure I was going to answer properly. The response was..."The question came up because of a song I was listening to...some alicia joint" LOL
My answer (excuse all the ... it was a text convo lol): Love is all encompassing...its the imperfections that make it perfect. You wouldn't be able to truly appreciate the good without the bad to counter it...and who says crying is bad...i think crying is so necessary and soo cleansing...i think the fact that it makes you cry is one of the most beautiful things...it means that there's passion and vulnerability and all that other stuff that people are so afraid to express...it allows you to fully experience the joys of life. And yeah...you may get your heart broken...but its sooooooo worth it...because I'd much rather know it and lose it rather than never being so fortunate to experience it anyday. And no love is ever the same but everytime and on every level its THE most beautiful thing ever..in my opinion, the eighth wonder of the world.
Tell me what you think....
No comments:
Post a Comment