Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Black and White: 98-2 (cont.)

NOTE: Please read the blog 98-2 BEFORE continuing on....yes, even if you've already read it (but only if prior to 6/11 at 3A) it's changed a little :)

Well, technically, it's tomorrow.  Really, it's only two and a half hours after my first attempt.  At 3 o'clock in the morning and after the recent departure of a group of friends, one would think its time for bed, especially seeing that I have to be at work at 9AM.  However, my lovely friends have taken it upon themselves to keep me up past my sleepy time. You know, it's that time where you're tired out of your mind.  But for some mysterious reason, if you can just stick it out...I mean come on it's just an hour...your body is tricked into thinking you're fine for a whole 'nother day. (Sorry, that's my southern coming out :)  Granted, I had a great time...great discussion. Now that they're gone, I figure it's about that time for me to finish, so that you can appreciate a "complete" blog when you get the chance to read this week's addition.  

So now that it has been made completely clear that there is no straight forward, black and white answer to the simple but complex question, "In relationships between friends and love interests, can lies be used for good?" This amazing, perplexing question from "out of the blue" really had me stumped.  And of course this case of perplexity only caused me to be even more intrigued. So I'm back once again and I'm determined to finish this...BEFORE I go to sleep.  I hope I don't ramble too much, I tend to do that as it gets later and later....

Obviously, from the 98-2 (Part 1) blog, my answer to the question is a YES...a definite YES.  Now to finish explaining Percent #2, here goes....

Percent #2- The second percent, I will call "Omission of Specific Miscellaneous. Yes, I know, I changed the title...lol. Part of my earlier struggle, there were so many titles that I could add on with another backslash (thoughts/words/omission/etc./etc/etc/etc).  As aforementioned in the previous blog, although this category can seem very vague...IT IS NOT!  And now that there's a fitting title, I feel like I can continue.  I'm certain your wondering why I chose the oxymoron, specific miscellaneous.  It's pretty simple actually, the same way in which I've proven that these simple questions and simple answers are so complex, Complex Simplicity. Oxymoron...yes...but oh so fitting...absolutely.  The really complex part, now, is choosing which of the many entities to begin with. 

Hurtful thoughts/words....that's where I'll start.  Never EVER is it acceptable to do turn negative and judgmental thoughts about the other person into words in order to cause emotional harm.   Yes, I do agree that this things may be pertinent, but use discretion in delivery, NO blatant/intended harm...simple right? Sugar-coating in judgmental/self-conscious/harmful but necessary discussions...acceptable form of a "good lie".  i.e. Friend making detrimental life decisions and reaching out for help...discretion...or parent's don't necessarily care for new significant other...no pertinent need to be brought up...in the beginning, at least.

Next, past and unnecessary. I grouped these together for a very simple reason, because they are so often grouped.  just because "it" happened in the past does NOT mean that "it" is unnecessary.  Depending on what the "it" situation is, "it" can be extremely relevant, not only relevant but set the entire tone of the relationship, friendship or more.  I'm sure that I can go on for days giving examples but it all boils down to something pretty simple.  If you think for any moment that "an action/conversation/etc. could be in any way shape fashion or form detrimental to a relationship, just don't do it! And if temptation, or whatever the cause may be, causes "it" to take place...lying or omission is unacceptable. No "good lie" for this form only "good omission", if and only if, action/conversation/etc. will cause drama because of petty (I just don't like them) reasons or situations of the like. Merely my opinion...so eager to hear yours...



Truth...just like the picture. Ninety-eight percent black and white with two percent "out of the blue"...I'll call it "Complex Simplicity" :)



No comments: